14 January 2009

Our First Snowy Day

Today's snowstorm would not have been anything when we lived in Boston, but in Ohio it was the first measurable snow of the season. Two and a half inches of snow is a ton to a three year old that is dying to get out and play. So this afternoon we got all bundled up and headed out to make snow angels, snow balls and attempt to make a snowman. He didn't quite understand that you need a ton more sticky snow to make a snowman, but I'm sure there will be more snow in our future to hopefully make that snowman.

Mommy and EJ playing in the snow

Snow Angel time!

Side by side Mommy and EJ snow angels. Nothing is more fun when you are almost seven months pregnant than trying to get up from making a snow angel :) All for the kiddo!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I can only imagine trying to get up off the freezing ground with a belly :) Good for you Mama. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think this definitely wins you the "Mom of the Year" award!!!! I don't think I'd be out playing in the snow at 7 months pregnant, let alone rolling around making snow angels!

But at least you've got the photo evidence so someday when EJ's older and giving you grief, you can pull out the ol' guilt trip: "I played out in the snow with you when I was 7 MONTHS PREGNANT and THIS is the thanks I get for it???!!!"

Erin said...

I will definitely have to keep that in mind for the teenage years. I can tell you if Paco had not been in Baltimore I would not have been out there playing. The outside part wasn't so bad as getting everyone dressed.

The Zaisers said...

What a fun time. That is awesome that you made a snow angel. I have a hard enough time getting up from making one not being pregnant. So I can't imagine how you did it.