17 November 2009

Our Journey Begins

Molly before the procedure

She was able to nurse right away which calmed her down

Here she is in all her bright pink glory. Dr. Singh got creative and put Molly's name on the top of the cast

Hi Everyone,

Many of you may know that Molly was recently diagnosed with hip dysplasia. This is a condition where the ball of the femur doesn't stay in the hip socket. She had a procedure done today where the orthopedic doctor put the ball of her leg back into the socket and then applied a cast to help keep the leg in that position. She will have this cast for about 6 weeks and then we will go back in and she will be sedated and have a new cast put on for another 6 weeks. She did wonderfully today and the doctor was very pleased with the position of her hip. Molly is mildly uncomfortable, which is not at all surprising, but the doctor assures me that the little ones get used to the cast very quickly. I have a feeling she will get used to it all before I do! Thank you all for keeping all of us in your thoughts and prayers and be sure to check back for updates.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

oh sweet girl.
and that is some diaper! what exactly do you have to do diaper wise?? thinking of you all.

Erin said...

Jenny, there is a diaper opening in the cast and I have to put a size 3 disposable up in the cast--just can't use the tabs. Then I put a size 5 disposable on the outside of the cast to cover up the opening and catch any leaks. I was really hoping my BumGenius would work on the outside but they weren't big enough. I might order a large Thirsties cover to see if that would work. I hate having to use two diapers.