17 August 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane


This week I have been making a lot of trips down memory lane.  How is it possible that my baby boy, who in my mind was just born, is heading off to Kindergarten on Monday!?! 


Look at that sweet little just days old face

It seems like just the other day we were cheering him on for holding up his cute little bald head

And he wouldn't sleep without being swaddled with his paci



He was busy playing with his best buddies in Ohio



and we only got to visit family in Springfield at holidays


EJ and I spent many happy days playing in the park with his buddies Hannah, Katie, Grace and Brady

 

He has grown up, though.  He gave up that beloved paci for some Geotrax trains

Brady and Katie grew up with him

He became a big brother to Miss Molly

Said goodbye to those wonderful playgroup friends and moved to Springfield

He went to preschool and made even more new friends.


And now he is ready to begin a wonderful new part of his life.  In the next nine years he will learn many, many things and hopefully make lifelong friends.  I really am excited for him, even though Molly and I will miss him everyday.  I know the teachers at Little Flower will take good care of my sweet little Bubba and he will love every minute of it.

3 comments:

Grandma Patty said...

OK, so now you made me cry!! This is really beautiful!

Jen said...

OH EJ....and Erin....how we miss you both and those moments, oh those moments....thanks for sharing! And good job on the blog reformat :)

Jennifer said...

It's so hard to walk them through those doors to kindergarten!!!! I can't believe EJ is off to school. I hear ya, I was walking around my house in circles this time last year, not knowing what in the world to do with myself without my oldest girl home with me!! I love the trip down memory lane, he looks just like himself from day 1 :)